PAST EVENT DETAILS
York Harbor Inn, York, ME
With upcoming changes to the accounting requirements for credit losses speakers from Visible Equity and FARIN Financial Risk Management provided content to help credit unions get ready for the new standards.
Ian Dunn, EVP of Product – nCino:
- CECL Overview:
- Introduction to the allowance for expected credit loss (CECL)
- Key steps to calculating the allowance.
- Important provisions of CECL.
- What data you need to collect for calculating allowance.
- Overview of Visible Equity CECL solution.
Rob Newberry, SVP & Client Management Specialist – FARIN Financial Risk Management:
- How CECL will Impact ALM:
- Base forecasting techniques.
- How credit risk is assigned and applied.
- Pooling methodologies.
- Stress testing scenarios.
- Sensitivity analysis.
- Effective loan pricing.
- Challenges in asset selection.
- CECL Implementation:
Ian Dunn, Profile
Ian Dunn is the Director of Portfolio Analytics at nCino, where he oversees the product teams responsible for loans, applications, fair lending, marketing, deposits and CECL. He was a founder of the analytics software company, Visible Equity, prior to its acquisition by nCino in 2019. Previously, he worked in real estate development where he managed the design and construction of projects totaling hundreds of millions of dollars.
Ian earned his M.B.A. from the UCLA Anderson School of Management and holds an undergraduate degree in Engineering. He is also a graduate of the Pacific Coast Graduate School of Banking.
Ian enjoys skiing, outdoor activities and spending time with his family. He is a former collegiate soccer player and currently coaches a youth team.