LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel – Portsmouth, NH
The New England Financial Executives Council (NEFEC) presented our Spring Education Event for 2023: Fraud Risks within the Financial Services Industry
SPRING EDUCATION EVENT - FRAUD RISKS WITHIN THE FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
Friday, May 12th, Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
We began Friday morning with a presentation from FBI Special Agent Andy Drewer. Andy provided fraud related trends based on actual investigative data and cases taking place today. Andy provided insight to how fraud cases are investigated by the FBI and the coordination with other law enforcement agencies.
After a brief networking break, Rebekah Higgins Vice President of Payments for Synergent continued the fraud discussion with a focus on card networks and electronic payments. Additionally, Rebecca provided recommendations for preventing, monitoring, and detecting fraud related activity.
Following the morning presentations lunch provided a great opportunity for more networking with attendees.
In the afternoon a panel discussion was moderated by Terry Field. The panel of experts consisted of our morning speakers FBI Special Agent Andy Drewer and Rebekah Higgins Vice President of Payments for Synergent will be joined by other industry experts to continue the fraud discussion in a collaborative setting sharing actual experiences and best practices.
The day will conclude with a social networking event beginning at 2 p.m.
Registration for this event is included in your annual NEFEC dues. Non-members are both welcome to attend and encouraged to join. Please visit the NEFEC website (www.thenefec.org) for more information and registration.
The NEFEC Steering Committee:
- Renee Ouellette, University Credit Union, Steering Committee Chairperson
- Jason Michaud, New Dimensions Federal Credit Union, Steering Committee Vice Chairperson
- Ryan Grund, Cumberland County Federal Credit Union, Steering Committee Secretary
- Mike McCloud, Tricorp Federal Credit Union, Steering Committee Treasurer
- Terry Field, VSECU, a division of New England Federal Credit Union
- Kevin Joler, Dirigo Federal Credit Union
- Steve Roy, Tricorp Federal Credit Union
- Brett Smith, One Credit Union
- Adam Warfel, Peoples Choice Credit Union
Thank you for continuing to support the Council.
THE NEW ENGLAND FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES COUNCIL IS SUPPORTED BY
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Book your Reservation by April 14, 2023
To receive the special rate of $209.00
Call to Reserve Your Room Today
888-627-7138. Be sure to mention NEFEC.
RESERVATIONS: In order to expedite check-in, we request all reservations include the following information:
- Arrival and Departure Dates
- Estimated time of arrival
- Room preference (single or double/double)
- Credit card type to be used for payment including number and expiration date.
- Please note that the Hotel is 100% non-smoking.
In order to receive the preferred rates, for which you are contracted, individuals with telephone requests must identify themselves with NEFEC Meeting May2023. Individuals need to call (888) 627-7138 or (603) 431-2300. Please inquire with your Event Manager should you wish to utilize an online booking link. Rates cannot be changed upon check-in or at checkout times for guests who fail to identify their affiliation at the time the reservation is requested. After the cut-off date, any unreserved rooms will be released back into general inventory, and reservations will be accepted on a space available and rate available basis.